Our client is SAUDI ARAMCO TOTAL Refining and Petrochemical Company (SATORP), a joint venture between Saudi Aramco and TOTAL S.A. that was formed to develop the 400,000 barrels per day Refinery and Petrochemical Project located in Jubail in the eastern province of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. The environmentally friendly Jubal Refinery will produce a high proportion of white products such as diesel, gasoline, LPG, petrochemicals, and jet fuels from low cost heavy crude. Upon completion, the refinery will be the 7th most complex refiner in the world.
To upgrade and enhance existing Intranet portal on MOSS 2007 to MOSS 2010 version and to re brand the look and feel according to their new branding guidelines. This involved following challenges.
- Webmasters used to be a bottleneck for content updates, hence large turnaround time.
- Migrate large number documents from MOSS 2007 and existing windows shared network drives with appropriate security.
- To automate many support forms and approval processes.
- Integration with IT Help Desk system.
- Integrate with SAP, AD etc.
- Understanding and implementing the requirements from all the departments and training them to use new platform.
Our technical solution takes into consideration SATORP's current environment and long terms vision. The solution is proposed to be built using Microsoft technology (Windows, SharePoint Foundation 2010, MOSS 2010 and VS.NET 2008) with minimal proprietary tools. Based on understanding Satorp's business challenges and requirements, we utilized the following features of MOSS 2010 to achieve those.
- Deployed, configured and migrated the MOSS 2010.
- Implemented department level sites and trained the department level power users to managed those.
- Developed multiple Master pages and customized themes for SATORP which reflected their new branding.
- Automated department level forms and workflows using InfoPath and Workflows.
- Developed many customized web parts for some of the unique needs.
- Implemented enterprise and people search.
- Integrated with SAP and LDAP.
Some of the key benefits for Satorp are the following:
- Reduced time to roll out additional sites.
- Better integration with Office.
- Always updated site as the business owners could directly manage their site.
- Shared / Reusable functionality across multiple websites.
- Improved corporate communication with collaboration tools.
- Improved cycle time, accountability and reduction of paper by automated processes.
- Enhanced look and feel based on latest branding guidelines.
- Scalable and secure infrastructure.
- Single sign on with LDAP and enhanced people search and organization browser.
- Social features – Wiki, Blogs, Forums, Document Sharing, Tags, Searching, RSS etc.